Our Latest Achievement
Sisters Place is a nonprofit organization that faithfully provides opportunities for families and individuals to overcome poverty and homelessness through empowerment, housing, wellness, personal and professional advancement services.
Sisters Place tasked CommuniTech as the partner to design its Annual Report that outlined the organization’s vision, strategies and fundraising outcomes.
- CommuniTech began the project by listening. Due to the pandemic, all project communication was held via email. CommuniTech sought to understand Sisters Place’s goals for its 2020 Annual Report, particularly amidst challenges brought on by the pandemic.
- CommuniTech delivered several design options for Sisters Place consideration. Their leadership team provided input and led the selection of the preferred design and layout.
- Once a direction was selected, CommuniTech and Sisters Place worked iteratively to develop content and complete the Annual Report within just a couple of weeks.
The families that Sisters Place serves. The Annual Report puts them front and center by showing the outcomes of Sisters Place mission and fundraising efforts.
CASA for Kids, Inc., is a nonprofit organization that trains community members to become Court-Appointed Special Advocates (CASAs) who speak-up for the best interest of abused and neglected children in the Courts of Washington County, Pennsylvania.
CASA for Kids had a brand new Executive Director who needed to pull her strategy together quickly via a business plan while ensuring all other parts of the operation were She tasked CommuniTech as the partner to write a business plan based on her vision, volunteer goals and fundraising goals.
- CommuniTech began the project by listening. We held a strategic meeting to understand the mission, the goals, the roadblocks and the achievements of the organization and its team.
- CommuniTech recommended the approach of building the business plan in such a way that funders and key stakeholders would be reviewing it to understand how their investment would help fuel its goals – and eventual sustainability plans.
- CommuniTech delivered a comprehensive roadmap, complete with compelling design elements that created the roadmap for the organization to achieve its key objectives while also communicating effectively with their target funders and stakeholders.
The children that CASA for Kids represents. Through no fault of their own, these children are victims of abuse and neglect and face difficult circumstances. They worry about where they will live, who will take care of them, and whether or not anyone cares.
CASA Advocate volunteers review records, research information and talk to everyone involved in a child’s life and then present their recommendation to the court as to what they feel is in the best interest of the child.
Judges rely heavily on this fact-based testimony to make a more informed decision on the child’s future. With a court-appointed CASA advocate, the child wins. His or her needs are the focus of the advocate, who communicates their needs to the court.
Without a solid business plan and a roadmap to fundraising success, these children’s needs would not be met.